Sunday 4 May 2008

Boris, Ken and Osama Bin Laden

So, Boris won.


Well who didn't see that one coming. Well the morning after it seems every Londoner. Now correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the ones that were voting!


Now I don't consider myself a Londoner at all, but I have found myself living up in London now for quite some time, only my weekends are spent looking at the green fields of Sussex. I sadly was unable to vote in the elections but if I'm honest I would have voted Boris and for one simple reason, I don't like Ken. I had the misfortune of being involved with an interview with him nearly 2 years a go and found him to be a total arse. Boris on the other hand will seemingly give anyone the time of day and isn't that the kind of attribute you want from your local mayor? In fairness Ken has done some fantastic thngs in London. I am a proud owner of an Oyster card and use it every day to get from Greenwich to Westminster with ease. The congestion charge was a good idea until he decided to expand it, essentially destroying the purpose of the whole thing, and has greatly improved areas of London itself. Whether Boris can improve on all these things remain to be seen but a change of face and character at the heart of London is no bad thing in my book.


I was fortunate to avoid covering any of the election coverage and instead I was doing something much more interesting, shooting a DVD extra for Morgan Spurlocks new film 'Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden'. It made a change from covering Politics, especially on one of the busiest days of the year. I found Morgan Spurlock to be an incredibly charming and engaging man, something if I'm honest I wasn't expecting, and if anyone's unhappy with the choice of Mayor for the next 4 years may I put forward Morgans name. An American I know but at least there'd be less McDonalds taking up corners of our capital.

No comments: